1) What’s your hometown like? It’s worth visiting for the architecture.
2) What’s she like? She’s a real pain in the neck!
3) What does he look like? Rather thin and he has long brown hair.
4) How would you describe him? The man’s a complete idiot. / Rather thin and he has long brown hair.
5) What colour is it? Dark green.
6) How do I look? You’re not looking your best.
7) Is the new house nice? It’s small but very cosy.
8) Does anything strike you about this photo? The boys in the background seem to be fighting.
1) There’s not a lot…to see or do.
2) It’s a little too quiet…for my taste.
3) She’s not a person you want to get…on the wrong side of.
4) I don’t know…what he sees in her.
5) He looks…very like his brother.
6) It’s a sort of…cream colour.
7) He’s difficult…to get on with.
8) How honest…do you want me to be?
9) I wouldn’t want to…live in it myself.
10) It’s much nicer…than the old one.
11) There are…no people in it.
1) This photo looks like it was taken somewhere hot.
2) The girl on the left looks angry.
3) The man holding the guitar doesn’t seem very happy.
4) It’s not a place I’d recommend anyone to live in.
5) My sister and I don’t get on at all.
6) They’ve done up the house very nicely.
7) I don’t know what he sees in her.
8) It’s hard to tell in this light.
9) He’s one of the most unpleasant people I’ve ever met.
10) You look like you’ve just been dragged through a hedge backwards.
11) Do you really want me to answer that question?
1) Is the new house nice? It needs a few things doing to it.
2) Does anything strike you about this photo? It’s a bit blurred.
3) What’s your hometown like? It’s not the most exciting place in the world.
4) What does he look like? / How would you describe him? Typically Scandinavian: blond hair and blue eyes.
5) How do I look? A million dollars.
6) What’s she like? She’s kind but a little bossy.
7) What colour is it? Reddish brown.
8) How would you describe him? / What’s she like? A nasty piece of work.