Insert one word into each sentence so that it reads correctly. If you need help, a list of the missing words is provided at the end of the exercise.
1) When I was nine years, my father bought me a fishing rod.
2) He wasn’t able to go to the concert because was sick.
3) Don’t forget turn off the gas before you go away.
4) A rescue team has been searching the lost climbers for nearly two days now.
5) I haven’t been able to go out much during the last weeks.
6) What kind of music do you listen?
7) If you hadn’t been looking that girl, you wouldn’t have crashed the car!
8) We have two small children and for this it is difficult for us to go out in the evenings.
9) He is working together his cousin.
10) Roberto Baggio played fifty-six times for the Italian national.
11) They resolved the problem calling in an expert.
12) We have decided against moving house: it’s too hassle.
at by few for he much
old reason team to (2) with
From the chapter Missing Word in English Mistakes Italians Make. Try some other exercises by clicking on the cover image at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/pyufjat